About the course:
Study time commitment: Short Course
Learning style: Mixed (Classroom & E-Learning)
Course provider: Industrial Logistics Institute
Key contact: Associate Professor Kim Hassall
(CILT) Purchasing For Transport Operators
This 1 Day program, “Purchasing For Transport Operators”, is one of two of the Institute’s programs that examines specialized aspects of purchasing as a useful toolbox for Transport Operators.
This program aims to provide a transport business manager with the information for consideration when negotiating contracts for direct and indirect goods and services including maintenance, repair, fuel management, partnering, collaborating, supplier evaluation, performance management, as well as other related areas.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Attendees will be introduced to a number of considerations when considering the purchase of and/or negotiating Transport inputs and services:
What is your business need in goods and services?
- Do you understand your business and it’s need for direct and indirect goods and services?
- Have you clearly articulated this to your suppliers?
- Have you discussed any out of ordinary requirements with your suppliers?
Considerations when purchasing goods and services:
- Understanding depreciation and the Asset lifecycle
- Supplier and capacity considerations when it comes to fleets
- Considerations when selecting suppliers
- Lease versus buy
- Refurbish/ overhaul versus new purchases
Contract Management for fleet operators:
- The importance of contract management
- Length of Contract
- Contract Escalators
- Reliability and force majeure
- Payment Terms
- Supplier Selection Process
- Quality Assurance and Certification
- Key Performance Indicators (Measures of performance for the supplier)
- Roles and Responsibilities under the contract for both parties
Online and Face to Face (Pending Numbers Enrolled)
Students should have a working knowledge of fleet operations and management.
24/7 or On Application