About the course:
Study time commitment: Short Course
Learning style: Classroom
Course provider: UQ Business School
Key contact: Abby Reynolds
(CILT) Leadership Styles & Practice
In an increasingly competitive global market, business success is not simply determined by strategic or business credentials, but also the calibre of leaders personally and the culture of leadership they create.
Leadership Styles and Practice examines the connections between actions, attitudes and values, and effective management and leadership behaviours.
Using contemporary knowledge and a variety of practical tools and frameworks, this course is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to identify, analyse and enhance leadership styles at an individual, group and organisational level.
Explore your own leadership style through a 360-degree self-assessment and develop a personal leadership plan which aligns these frameworks and theories with practical, real world application.
Through attending this course, you will be able to:
- Learn about current leadership approaches, and be able to critique these and align them with the actual practice of management.
- Understand the links between individual values, ethics, attitudes and actions that define effective management and leadership.
- Explore your own leadership style through a 360-degree personal leadership assessment
- Discover tools and techniques to improve your leadership style
- Explore how you as a leader could build an environment in which people can flourish and achieve high performance
Attendees will need an appropriate level of knowledge and experience to contribute to discussions and case studies. Participants are selected from a range of backgrounds, industries and organisations to ensure diversity. These factors will be taken into account when assessing your application.
$5580 fee includes tuition, course materials, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea each day, and a formal dinner. Please note GST does not apply to Executive Education courses.