About the course:
Study time commitment: Short Course
Learning style: Classroom
Course provider: UQ Business School
Key contact: Abby Reynolds
(CILT) Innovation Management
Innovation is a fundamental source of competitive advantage in business and is critical to organisations of all sizes and sectors. It changes our thinking and products, is a dynamic, complex and open process and involves many players and parts of an organisation.
Managing innovation requires a sound understanding of the nature of the innovation process, which has changed radically over recent years.
Innovation Management will equip you with the skills necessary to lead innovation for sustainable competitive advantage. Based on international best practice, this course presents an integrated framework to help managers lead innovation within their organisations. You will meet with leading innovation industrialists who reveal cutting edge practice in innovation strategy, development and implementation.
Through attending this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the critical strategic importance of innovation for all organisations
- Demonstrate awareness of the strategic and operational managerial frameworks and tools necessary for innovation leadership
- Develop your own innovation leadership capabilities and assess the unique situation in your workplace, as well as analyse current problems and identify possibilities for development in your own context
- Measure and assess the real returns of innovation leadership
- Engage with leading experts who will provide rapid exposure to new ideas, perspectives and ways of thinking about innovation leadership
Attendees will need an appropriate level of knowledge and experience to contribute to discussions and case studies. Participants are selected from a range of backgrounds, industries and organisations to ensure diversity. These factors will be taken into account when assessing your application.
$5580 fee includes tuition, course materials, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea each day, and a formal dinner. Please note GST does not apply to Executive Education courses.