About the course:
Study time commitment: Short Course
Learning style: Face to face
Course provider: Industrial Logistics Institute
Key contact: Associate Professor Kim Hassall
(CILT) Freight and Logistic Network Restructuring
This “Freight and Logistics Network Restructuring” program is one of two Institute programs that examine specialized aspects of freight and logistic operations.
This program has emerged from extensive work with major clients focusing on streamlining major freight network operations, and the impacts of urban and regional hub placements allowing for operational optimization and the use of different fleet mixes. Specialist commodity based freight networks are also examined.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Attendees will be introduced to the pros and cons of particular network shapes and types.
This course covers the following topics:
- Freight Network Classification System
- Advantages and Dis-advantages of the different Urban Network types
- Freight Network Transformations
- What do Commodity Based Networks look like
- Benefits and DIs-benefits of Greenfield Depot Locations
- Long Distance Networks, Bi-Modal Choices and Mid-Corridor Connect Network Options
Face to Face