About the course:
Study time commitment: Short Course
Course provider: Institute for Sustainable Futures
Key contact: Laura Wynne
(CILT) Continuing Professional Development Course in Travel Planning
A short course introducing participants to travel planning for workplaces and precincts. Utilising a competency-based learning approach, the course will enable participants to develop travel plans to encourage active transport, public transport, and innovative car travel.
- Travel Plan Methodology
- Travel Behaviour Change strategies
- Sustainable Transport Principles
- Effective communication with decision-makers in business and government
- Regulatory frameworks for Travel Plans
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Applying Travel Plans to different sites (eg. workplace and mixed-use residential precincts)
- Promoting Travel Plan initiatives
This course enables participants to learn-by-doing through a series of interactive exercises that provide instruction on applying the Travel Plan methodology to a range of different sites (workplace and mixed-use residential). It provides insights and approaches to effective communication with key decision-makers, specifying Travel Plans as part of the regulatory requirements for development consent and on-going management, monitoring and evaluation. Course participants are eligible for CPD points with the professional bodies including PIA, CILTA, GBCA and AIA.