About the course:
Study time commitment: Short Course
Learning style: Classroom
Course provider: UQ Business School
Key contact: Abby Reynolds – Development Manager
(CILT) Business Productivity & Process Improvement
Many organisations use projects and project management at a variety of levels to attain the goals of their business. Managing multiple projects, or staff that manage projects, requires specific understanding of the complexities and technical skills that surround not only the projects but also leadership, risk management, communication and motivation, and negotiating skills.
This course will give you the skills, via case studies, industry engagement and current research to ensure that you can effectively manage the facets of leadership of these teams and the factors involved in attaining your business goals. Included will be the opportunity to learn further about the specific project skills required to undertake successful mergers, acquisitions, JVs and strategic alliances.
Through attending this course, you will be able to:
- Transform your organisation to a seamless project-process oriented system
- Formulate practical ideas, models and tools of leadership and strategy to help examine project management techniques
- Learn techniques for negotiation, communication and change management
- Manage issues of compliance and governance
- Apply project management tools and frameworks to improve core business processes
- Improve your organisation’s performance in international and domestic markets using project-based management
Attendees will need an appropriate level of knowledge and experience to contribute to discussions and case studies. Participants are selected from a range of backgrounds, industries and organisations to ensure diversity. These factors will be taken into account when assessing your application.
$5580 fee includes tuition, course materials, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea each day, and a formal dinner. Please note GST does not apply to Executive Education courses.