About the course:
Study time commitment: Short Course
Learning style: E-learning
Who is the course for: Executive
(CILT) Basic Track Circuits
This course is a basic course which means it develops knowledge about railway track circuits, track circuit controls, rail joints and associated equipment — all to a basic level.
This course is suitable for anyone employed in the rail industry in a technical or nontechnical role. This course is a pre-requisite to some advanced courses including the Advanced Track Circuits course.
At the conclusion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain the requirement of the modern signalling and control systems
- Define track circuit features
- Recognise various traction supplies and different types of track circuits
- Identify different track joints
- Name components and describe the operation of a railway electric traction supply
This course should take at least 4 hours, especially if all web links are researched.
A level of knowledge of all signalling systems is critical to understand how track circuits integrate with them. Unless participants have other training or experience, we suggest they first complete the Introduction to Signalling Systems course before attempting this.
Participants that complete all on-line course activities and the assessments will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
Start your training now!