About the course:
Study time commitment: Short Course
Learning style: E-learning
Who is the course for: Entry Level
(CILT) Basic Rolling Stock
This course is a basic course which means it develops core knowledge about various types of rolling stock and the infrastructure to support them — all to a basic level.
This course is suitable for anyone employed in the rail industry in a technical or nontechnical role or a rail enthusiast wishing to learn more about rolling stock. This course is a pre-requisite to some other basic courses and to some advanced courses.
At the conclusion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain the terminology for rolling stock
- Identify and explain the purpose of railway track components
- Ascertain major components of rolling stock and explain their function
- Recognise different types of locomotives
- Name different types of trains and cars
- Identify specialist type railways cars
- Describe rolling stock infrastructure
This course should take at least 3 hours, especially if all web links are researched.
Participants that complete all on-line course activities and the assessments will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
Start your training now!